Monday, April 6, 2009

If I was blind

I wonder if I were to be blind,

Wouldn’t my life have been left behind?

Could I be able to see the sun so bright?

Or the dynamic beauty of its light!

 

I can’t see the little birds in the sky,

Or wonder how they manage to fly.

I would have to live with imagination all the time,

Oh I wouldn’t even know what is or isn’t mine!

 

I will have to believe whatever other people say,

I will believe even if they call night as day.

I can’t differentiate between colors,

I identity them by the fragrance of flowers.

 

A tear and a smile would be the same to me,

Because the fact is I cannot see.

It’s like having the lock but no key,

I can’t even see Kaka playing football on T.V.!

 

I wouldn’t know the variety in bikes and cars,

Or the glory of twinkle twinkle little star.

I wouldn’t know the different shapes of the moon,

There would be no difference in evening or noon!

 

Now that I’m sure if I were blind,

My life will surely be left behind.

Hats-off to those who still manage to survive,

They have the courage to face their life!

1 comment:

  1. Oh such a punishment for a girl not being able to see Kaka on tv! :p

    Kidd'in!!But yeah, to those who are blessed with all senses we must always be thankful to the Supreme Creator!

    And to those missing any, may the Lord give them courage!

    ReplyDelete