Saturday, April 7, 2012

What Makes Me


Stranded in the dark for so long
Empty streets and broken bridges have been my path
Never knowing where do I belong
Lost and forgotten, trying to follow my heart

Strangers, they come and go
Friends and family promise to stay
The world below my feet, rotating so slow
Nothing changes, except night and day

Surviving each day, no purpose, no goal
Lifeless I lay, searching for a soul
A passion, a drive, something crazy
I need to figure out, what makes me, ME

At the end of the tunnel I see a light 
Still afraid of the steps I take in this path
A constant reminder, I'm not losing this fight
Against myself, I wont lose my heart

We rise then we fall, and then we rise again
Each morning we wake up to a brand new day
Face your fears, time always heals the pain
Where there is a will, there is a way, they say.

Copyright © Anushya Bernard 2009 (India; anushya.me@hotmail.com) 

No comments:

Post a Comment