Saturday, April 7, 2012

"Not Mine"




I've got this feeling running through my head
Thoughts unspoken, building bridges in my brain
No one to listen, words remain unsaid
My voice is mute, only actions can be read
I speak without a tone and my heart bears the pain
.
The air I breathe inspires me to write
And I try to put my thoughts down on paper
A song, as it turns out, about darkness and light
Lyrics you don't understand, someone, somewhere might
So my mid grows calm now as my song gets over
.
Seven months have gone since I wrote my first song
Someone, somewhere might have picked it up from the trash
I barely remember the words, oh its been so long
But I remember the feeling that grew on me so strong
My song is on the radio, as my memories flash
.
My words now have music along with a voice
Chords on guitar, oh it sounds so fine
My feelings are sung out by all girls and boys
But I can never sing, can't even speak by choice
My words sound beautiful, but this voice is not mine.
.
.
Copyright © Anushya Bernard 2009 (India; anushya.me@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment