Saturday, March 28, 2009

You Took Me For Granted

[Verse 1]

What should I say? To let you know

The way I feel, when you walk away

What should I do? Can’t let you go

What do I do, to make you stay?

 

‘coz it hurts, it hurts, it hurts so much

When you stab me in my heart

But all I do is smile and say “I’m fine”

And it hurts, it hurts, it hurts.

Oh! I’m torn apart

Now I know that you’re not mine!

 

[Chorus]

So many times, I felt incomplete

And I needed you

But you were always busy

Doing something new

I never asked you for what I wanted

Is that why you took me for granted?

 

[Verse 2]

How do I say what you mean to me?

How special you are in every way!

A single tear, you wouldn’t see

But I’ll stand by you, come what may!

 

But it hurts, it hurts, it hurts so much.

It’s the pain I can’t express!

I see she stole you away from me!

And it hurts, it hurts, it hurts.

Life is in such a mess

I’m seeing what I never wanted to see!

 

[Chorus]

 

[Speech]

“All the times when you cried

I cried with you and I cried for you

And the hidden truth is that I need you

But you will never know

And perhaps! I will never show”

 

[Chorus]

I never asked you for what I wanted

Is that why?

Is that why you took me for granted?

Copyright © Anushya Bernard 2009 (India; anushya.me@hotmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment